Zulily - Different pricing in different windows of the site

This is not the only item where this happens. This is just the latest example and the one to which I called their attention to no avail.

When you first go shopping on their site, you see a retail price crossed off and then the discounted price that they are offering you. The first picture shows that the original price for this ring was $48.00 and the ring is marked down to $19.99. I expected to pay $19.99. Then I hit the button to add it to my cart, but the next screen that appears shows that the ring is originally valued at $84.00 and the discounted price showing is $29.99, $10 more than I expected to spend for it. Of course, since the ring has suddenly increased its value to roughly 30% more than it was on the first page, I guess that makes it fair. (tongue in cheek)

As I said, this has happened with so many items lately that I stopped looking, but the email that I got showed jewelry items that interested me so I took a chance.

I emailed them and sent them the shots, but they refuse to acknowledge that they've made any mistake. In essence, I told them that the pictures can't be denied and their dishonesty makes it impossible to deal with them anymore.

I had uploaded the screenshots for you to see here, but the TOS here says that you can't show copyrighted material here. I assume that their advertisements are copyrighted so, unfortunately, I had to delete them before submitting this report.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

London Blue Topaz And Diamond Cushion Ring
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #745776 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Zulily? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 05, 2015 #1074343

I had hit the x in the right-hand corner of these photos before I submitted the form and they no longer showed up so I did not think they would be here. Obviously, there is some glitch in Pissed Consumer's application that needs to be addressed. It is not my fault that these pictures are showing. Also, there are duplicates that were never appearing before I submitted. Fix your system, please.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.