5.9K views

After seeing ads for months, I finally clicked on one. It required that I join to shop. So I looked up the company, thinking I could browse without signing up if I access the website independently (without clicking on an ad), but no go.

How annoying! I don't know if I like the stuff they sell—yet. What has the company done for me (except put ads in front of me) that they deserve the right to send me emails just because I want to browse?

Zulilly, try earning potential customer trust before asking for an email. You've lost my potential business!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of other product from Zulily. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Zulily to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Zulily for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

#1519136

I agree also. I just want to browse before deciding if I want to purchase but asking for a log in prior is unacceptable to me. There are other sites that do the same thing and I will not consider them either.They need to rethink their customer availability.

#1519133

I just went to their site and was forced to give my email before browsing as well. I will not do it.

So I will never purchaee from them. Glad I found others who are interested in online privacy.

I will not be forced into handing over a private detail without even knowing what products a business has to offer. I don't trust this type of online harassment and will not purchase from businesses that use these tactics.

Websites that do this from now on will not get my business. Amazon doesn't even ask you for info.

I agree having to create an account before you can even browse a site is ridiculous especially when chances are good that they will sell your info to a third party to make money. They lost me as a customer.

I too want to browse without signing in. I have an account and I purchased my first item one month ago.

I was satisfied with my purchase, but no one wants to be forced to do things they do not want to do.

I want to browse without signing in. If i find something I like, then I will sign-in to purchase.

Totally agree- I won't shop anywhere that forces me to sign up. Let me browse or shop without having to unsubscribe constantly to junk in my inbox.

I thought Zulily had changed their policy, because a couple of weeks ago, I was able to browse. That seemed smart of them, and I figured I'd go back sometime.

Today I clicked on a link and found that they're back to shields up.

Stupid. I would NEVER join a site that didn't let me view their items first.

I can’t believe a business would require that you sign up just to check out their website!!! Do they not realize there are thousands of other companies who respect us and appreciate our purchasing power? Jane

Exactly!

Agreed! Not shopping if I have to give an email.

Agree 100%. Will not be shopping zulily for the same reason.

I did the same thing today. There is absolutely no reason you should have to sign upfor an account just to visit their website!

I totally agree. I was going to browse products, chck out prices and possibly purchase a few items. Not now!Kelly

#1432070

Should be able to shop without an account.

Agreed!

We hate emails being sent 10 or 12 times a day...it is ridiculous...I send almost everything to SPAM...and because of that, if there was a good deal...I would miss it. I can shop at Macys,

Kohls, JCPennys, and many other stores and check out as a guest....I never have to sign in...

give up an email address to browse or shop .

. . and not being allowed to browse your site

only makes you suspicious of me and any other wise shopper. Are you just selling email

addresses?

We are not ignorant. We know when we have given someone our email..and all of a sudden that email is bombarded with emails from all types of places with spam...links with Trojan worms in them...etc....not safe. NOT SAFE TO GIVE OUT YOUR EMAIL TO JUST ANYONE....

Kind of like teaching our children not to talk to strangers... GET IT RIGHT or be revealed

I'll fix them, I will provide them with my spam email address where nothing but spam is sent. I don't even check or monitor that email address, I only make sure it stays activated.

I get enough emails and don't need anymore without giving my email address. There are other places to shop.

I assume Zulily is happy with the amount of business they get from people who are willing to be bullied into giving their personal information just to review a website. They just lost my business AND they get no e-mail address. Zulily loses on both counts.

to Anonymous #1427095

I was just going to say the same thing. If I can’t even look at their website without giving my email then I guess they don’t want my money either. :P